Submitting Exhibition Proposals
Thank you for your interest in submitting an exhibition proposal to the Alice Moseley Museum. To ensure the timely and thorough review of your proposal, please follow these guidelines.
- Exhibition proposal explaining rationale, relevance to the Alice Moseley Museum, and artwork to be included.
- Information about curatorial expertise and any relevant biographical information.
- Fact sheet detailing number and size of artworks in proposed exhibition, linear or square feet required, costs, insurance coverage, and scheduling availability.
- Images of artwork: Digital images on CD or a on a Web site are preferred. The museum no longer accepts slides, transparencies, or color prints without prior written consent. Please do not submit original artwork. The museum cannot accept unsolicited artwork through the mail or in person without prior written communication. The museum will not be responsible for lost or damaged material.
- Self-addressed, stamped, envelope to ensure return of your materials.
Materials should be mailed to:
Alice Moseley Museum Curatorial Department
Attn: Exhibition Proposals
1928 Depot Way
Bay St. Louis, MS 39520
Proposals are not accepted by e-mail.
The curatorial staff and program committee review proposals on an ongoing basis. We will mail a reply within three to six weeks of submission.
Our schedule is planned a minimum of two months in advance and emphasizes thematic exhibitions and work by established folk artists, primarily in the southeast U.S.